400ml of water
400g granulated sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1/2 organic orange
All ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil and as soon as the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat (after about 10 min). Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey and leave to cool
- Beat 5 egg whites + 75g granulated sugar + a pinch of salt
- Beat 5 egg yolks + 75g granulated sugar
- Mix 90g fine semolina, 60g breadcrumbs, 150g chopped walnuts, 1/2 tablespoon baking powder, a little cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, allspice, zest and juice of a organic orange in a bowl
- stir into the yolk sugar mass - finally, carefully fold in the egg whites
- Lay out the springform 26cm with baking paper, grease the edge, then grind and fill in the mixture
- bake for approx. 40-50 min at 160 ° C, do not forget the stick sample!
- as soon as the cake is ready, pour over the cold syrup and let stand for about 1 hour ...