Ingredients for 4 people
- 8 zucchini, large
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 50 g olive oil
- 500 g ground beef
- 50 g white wine
- 200 g Carolina rice
- 1/3 bunch parsley
- 1/3 bunch dill
- 1/3 bunch mint
- 800 g water
For the lemon sauce
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 700 g hot water
- 80 g butter
- 80 g all-purpose flour
- grated zest and juice from 2 lemons
- Wash the zucchini well and cut off their stems.
- Remove a slice off each end and keep them as a “lid”.
- Carefully scoop out the flesh with a spoon from both sides.
- Finely chop the flesh and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, carrots and leek.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the vegetables for 3-4 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the zucchini flesh and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and allow it to evaporate for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice, finely chopped herbs, salt, pepper and the 200 g of water.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Use a spoon to fill ¾ of each zucchini because the rice will fluff up.
- Cover each end with the “lids” you cut off of the zucchini.
- Place in a wide pot and add the remaining olive oil.
- Add 600 g water, cover with lid and simmer for 35-45 minutes, until the zucchini softens and the rice cooks.
For the lemon sauce
- Dilute the bouillon cube in the hot water and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add the flour and sauté. Gradually add the diluted bouillon cube in batches. Whisk well with each addition so that no lumps are formed in the mixture.
- When you have added all of it, cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over stuffed zucchini.
: Trying to get property of non-object in /kunden/97552_47055/webseiten/400_webmaster/projekte/rosmarin.wien/cache/volt/app/%%kunden%%97552_47055%%webseiten%%400_webmaster%%projekte%%rosmarin.wien%%view%%layout%%app.volt.php
on line 141