ca 40x26 cm or 28cm round
pre-warm at 160° Umluft or 180° Ober / Unterhitze
ca 30-40 min
2 vanilla pods
Skin of 2 oranges
150g orange-marmelade with skin pieces
500g Yoghurt 10%
200g whipping cream
20g baking powder
1 cinnamon stick
Juice and zest from 1 Orange
- Cut the Filo-dough in stripes
- Mix good the sugar, vanilla, orange-skins, oil, whipping cream, yoghurt, eggs in a large bowl
- Slowly add the orange marmelade
- then the baking powder
- slowly add the filo-dough stripes, let it soak for 10min
-Put the baking paper on the baking form and then add the mix
-Bake in a pre-heated oven (160° Umluft or 180° Ober / Unterhitze) for ca 30-40 min. The cake must turn slightly brown and make a crust on top.
- In the mean time boil the water with the sugar and the cinnammon for ca 4min. Mix the orange juice, orange zest and orange marmelade and let it sit of a while.
- Finally, pour the cold syrup on the -still warm- Portokalopita.